Angel Art - Angel at Dawn


Angel Stories

Linda's Angel Story

Linda Stewart's near-death experience changed her life
and brought her unusual gifts:

A curious manifestation after my near-death experience was that I began seeing a white glow and glint of lights around people and objects. Because I had had so many physical anomalies during my illness, I assumed the "lights" were another, optical side effect of the illness. I was later shown that the lights were far more than that.

As my health had slowly improved, I occasionally drove myself short distances to appointments. One day as I was driving down a busy street, I stopped at a red light and watched an odd scene unfold before me. A delivery truck had parked on the right side of the street about a half-block ahead. The truck was one that opened from the sides rather than the back. I watched as the driver walked around to the traffic side of his truck and began unloading his cargo with oncoming traffic approaching. Inside my car, I said out loud in my little southern voice, "Oh honey, you shouldn't do that, it's dangerous."

On this notable day, I watched, stunned, as the familiar dancing lights around the delivery man swirled, quickly coalescing into the form of a breath-taking, translucent, beautiful woman-spirit, glowing with light. Perhaps it was because I had sent a loving and concerned thought about the delivery mans' well-being that the spirit turned her loving gaze on me. For a brief moment, our eyes met. She smiled at me, then, hovering over the unsuspecting man, returned her attention to her charge who was oblivious to the heavenly presence and was busily going about his business. I was thunderstruck.

Barely breathing for fear the vision would leave, and mesmerized by the vision, I was reluctant to take my eyes off the beauty of the scene; however, from my peripheral vision, I became aware of even more compelling lights. When I was able to tear myself away from the spirit, I glanced slowly at the vista around me and everywhere I looked, every single person in my view had beautiful, loving spirits attending them. People walking nonchalantly down the sidewalk were accompanied by spirits. From within cars, unfettered by physical barriers, I could see the glow and form of beings around the occupants. I saw joggers with flutters of light streaking behind them as their spirit kept pace. As people entered and left buildings, light beings followed. The view before me was filled with brilliant, white light.

From the limited understanding of my human mind, I struggled to comprehend the meaning of what I saw. I knew the lights were connected to the individual people, although more of them, than with them, almost as if they were an extension of their existence - a light connection to an aspect of their Higher Self. The lights, a connection to the humans, which were glinting off the beings were so bright and expansive, they interconnected, forming a sort of light grid. I remembered reports in books on the near-death experience of people seeing grids on the other side that they didn't know how to explain.

As I looked at the network of light before me and felt the immense outpouring of love coming from the beings, I realized the connection of human beings to the Beings of Light was through love and that the love itself was connected through this grid.

I was startled back to everyday awareness by the blasting of a horn. I looked down at my speedometer and realized I was barely creeping forward in the car. With sheets of tears streaming down my face and all but blind with emotion, I pulled to the side of the road until I could take in all that I had witnessed and regain my composure. I don't know how long I sat, taking in the wonder of that event but I couldn't move until the spectacular vision slowly dissipated, returning to the more familiar form of lights around the bodies of the people I watched.

I was reluctant to leave because I hoped the angels would return, and I called them angels because I didn't know what else to say. But when I gathered my senses enough to drive, I made my way home. -- Linda Stewart (To read more of her story, go to: /stewart.html)

* * * * *

Angel At The Train Stop

A few years ago, I took a job working in the Los Angeles suburb of Redondo Beach and had to commute to and from San Diego every day. I had it worked out so I could take a series of trains and buses to work and back. On one rather hectic day I missed my usual train that would take me home. The only other train that night left from downtown Los Angeles at close to midnight and I would have to take the local light rail through Los Angeles with a transfer stop in an unsafe part of town. To make things worse, the light rail train stops were all outdoor open platforms and this late night stop was in a part of L.A. where recent riots had just occurred. Being dressed in coat and tie waiting at a dark, empty train stop late at night in Southeast LA did make me a bit nervous. When I got off the train to make the transfer, I was not sure where I needed to go. I closed my eyes and said a prayer for safety and to help me find my way. No sooner had I finished when a soft voice behind me asked, "Do you need some help?" Turning around I saw a nicely dressed young female who was smiling pleasantly. I told her where I needed to go and she directed me to the train stop where I could catch my train which would arrive shortly. I turned for just a moment in the direction she had indicated and when I turned back to thank her, she was gone. The platform that I was standing on was large and unobstructed so she could not have gone from my sight in the brief time I looked away. I believe my prayer was answered by an angel sent to show me the way. (No name submitted.)

* * * * *

Angel Escort

Barbara was driving her six-year-old son, Benjamin, to his piano lesson. They were late, and Barbara was beginning to think she should have canceled it. There was always so much to do, and Barbara, a night-duty nurse at the local hospital, had recently worked extra shifts. She was tired. The sleet storm and icy roads added to her tension. Maybe she should turn the car around. "Mom!" Ben cried, "Look!"

Just ahead a car had lost control on a patch of ice. As Barbara tapped the brakes, the other car spun wildly, rolled over, then crashed sideways into a telephone pole. Barbara pulled over, skidded to a stop and threw open her door. Thank goodness she was a nurse--she might be able to help these unfortunate passengers. Then she paused. What about Ben? She couldn't take him with her--little boys shouldn't see scenes like the one she anticipated. But was it safe to leave him alone? What if their car were hit from behind? For a brief moment Barbara considered going on her way. Someone else was sure to come along. No! "Ben, honey, promise me you'll stay in the car!"

"I will, Mommy," he said as she ran, slipping and sliding, toward the crash site. It was worse than she'd feared.

Two girls of high school age were in the car. One, the blonde on the passenger side, was dead, killed on impact. The driver however, was still breathing. She was unconscious and pinned in the wreckage.

Barbara quickly applied pressure to the wound in the teenager's head while her practiced eye cataloged the other injuries; a broken leg, maybe two, along with probable internal bleeding. But if help came soon, the girl would live.

A trucker had pulled up and was calling for help on his cellular phone. Soon Barbara heard the ambulance sirens. A few moments later she surrendered her lonely post to rescue workers.

"Good job," one said as he examined the driver's wounds. "You probably saved her life, ma'am." Perhaps. But as Barbara walked back to her car a feeling of sadness overwhelmed her, especially for the family of the girl who had died. Their lives would never be he same. Oh God, why do such things have to happen?

Slowly Barbara opened her car door. What should she tell Benjamin? He was staring at the crash site, his blue eyes huge.

"Mom," he whispered, "did you see it?" "See what, Honey?" she asked.

"The angel, Mom! He came down from the sky while you were running to the car. And he opened the door, and he took that girl out." Barbara's eyes filled with tears. "Which door, Ben?" "The passenger side. He took the girl's hand, and they floated up to Heaven together."

"What about the driver?" Ben shrugged, "I didn't see anyone else."

Later Barbara was able to meet the families of the victims. They expressed their gratitude for the help she had provided. Barbara was able to give them something more; Ben's vision.

There was no way he could have known--by ordinary means--who was in the car or what had happened to either of the passengers. Nor could the passenger door have been opened; Barbara had seen it's tangle of immovable steel herself, yet Ben's account brought consolation to a grieving family. Their daughter was safe in Heaven. And they would see her again.
-- Author Unknown -- Sent in by Jennifer Prugh -- Pennsylvania
(Used by permission from Marlene Blaszczyk at Motivate

* * * * *

An Angel Called Her Name

In 2000 I was walking to work. I had to go underneath a bridge, so as I am just walking out from under the bridge I heard someone call my name real, real, loud...Barbara!!! I stopped and turned around and no one was there. I just stood for a few seconds thinking, “Oh, how weird.”

Just then two cars got into an accident and the tire from one of the cars came flying at me and just dropped at my feet! I know it was an Angel that knew what was going to happen. If I hadn’t heard someone call my name, I most likely would have died or been seriously hurt.

Thank God no one was hurt too badly in that accident. I sat with one of the accident victims until help arrived. -- Barbara S.

* * * * *

Christmas Angels

In September 1960, I woke up one morning with six hungry babies and just 75 cents in my pocket. Their father was gone. The boys ranged from three months to seven years; their sister was two. Their Dad had never been much more than a presence they feared. Whenever they heard his tires crunch on the gravel driveway they would scramble to hide under their beds. He did manage to leave 15 dollars a week to buy groceries. Now that he had decided to leave, there would be no more beatings, but no food either. If there was a welfare system in effect in southern Indiana at that time, I certainly knew nothing about it.

I scrubbed the kids until they looked brand new and then put on my best homemade dress. I loaded them into the rusty old 51 Chevy and drove off to find a job. The seven of us went to every factory, store and restaurant in our small town. No luck. The kids stayed, crammed into the car and tried to be quiet while I tried to convince whomever would listen that I was willing to learn or do anything. I had to have a job. Still no luck.

The last place we went to, just a few miles out of town, was an old Root Beer Barrel drive-in that had been converted to a truck stop. It was called the Big Wheel. An old lady named Granny owned the place and she peeked out of the window from time to time at all those kids. She needed someone on the graveyard shift, 11 at night until seven in the morning. She paid 65 cents an hour and I could start that night.

I raced home and called the teenager down the street that baby-sat for people. I bargained with her to come and sleep on my sofa for a dollar a night. She could arrive with her pajamas on and the kids would already be asleep. This seemed like a good arrangement to her, so we made a deal. That night when and the little ones and I knelt to say our prayers we all thanked God for finding Mommy a job.

And so I started at the Big Wheel. When I got home in the mornings I woke the baby-sitter up and sent her home with one dollar of my tip money-fully half of what I averaged every night. As the weeks went by, heating bills added another strain to my meager wages. The tires on the old Chevy had the consistency of penny balloons and began to leak. I had to fill them with air on the way to work and again every morning before I could go home.

One bleak fall morning, I dragged myself to the car to go home and found four tires in the back seat. New tires! There was no note, no nothing, just those beautiful brand new tires. Had angels taken up residence in Indiana? I wondered. I made a deal with the owner of the local service station. In exchange for his mounting the new tires, I would clean up his office. I remember it took me a lot longer to scrub his floor than it did for him to do the tires.

I was now working six nights instead of five and it still wasn't enough. Christmas was coming and I knew there would be no money for toys for the kids. I found a can of red paint and started repairing and painting some old toys. Then I hid them in the basement so there would be something for Santa to deliver on Christmas morning. Clothes were a worry too. I was sewing patches on top of patches on the boys pants and soon they would be too far gone to repair.

On Christmas Eve, the usual customers were drinking coffee in the Big Wheel. These were the truckers, Les, Frank, and Jim, and a state trooper named Joe. A few musicians were hanging around after a gig at the Legion and were dropping nickels in the pinball machine. The regulars all just sat around and talked through the wee hours of the morning and then left to get home before the sun came up.

When it was time for me to go home at seven o'clock on Christmas morning I hurried to the car. I was hoping the kids wouldn't wake up before I managed to get home and get the presents from the basement and place them under the tree. (We had cut down a small cedar tree by the side of the road down by the dump.) It was still dark and I couldn't see much, but there appeared to be some dark shadows in the car-or was that just a trick of the night? Something certainly looked different, but it was hard to tell what.

When I reached the car, I peered warily into one of the side windows. Then my jaw dropped in amazement. My old battered Chevy was full--full to the top with boxes of all shapes and sizes. I quickly opened the driver's side door, scrambled inside and knelt in the front facing the back seat. Reaching back, I pulled off the lid of the top box. Inside was a whole case of little blue jeans, sizes 2-10! I looked inside another box: It was full of shirts to go with the jeans. Then I peeked inside some of the other boxes: There were candy and nuts and bananas and bags of groceries. There was an enormous ham for baking, and canned vegetables and potatoes. There was pudding and Jell-O and cookies, pie filling and flour. There was a whole bag of laundry supplies and cleaning items. And there were five toy trucks and one beautiful little doll.

As I drove back through empty streets as the sun slowly rose on the most amazing Christmas Day of my life, I was sobbing with gratitude. And I will never forget the joy on the faces of my little ones that precious morning.

Yes, there were angels in Indiana that long-ago December. And they all hung out at the Big Wheel truck stop.

I BELIEVE IN ANGELS! They live next door, around the corner, work in your office, patrol your neighborhood, call you at midnight to hear you laugh and listen to you cry, teach your children, and you see them everyday without even knowing it! --- Barb Irwin --- Sent in by Karen McGriff --- Texas

* * * * *

Invisible Angels

"I picked up my 16-year-old son, Tyler, at his friend's house and started heading home. Approaching a familiar corner, we stopped, waiting for the light to turn green. When it did, I put my foot on the gas pedal, but my car didn't budge! Though I was certain I'd depressed the accelerator and I could hear the engine working, the car didn't move. It felt almost as if it was held back by an invisible force.

"I sat in wonderment when suddenly, a car came flying through the intersection from our left at top speed. Eyes wide, I looked at my son to see if he understood what had just happened. His amazed expression told me he did. For without that gentle energy that was keeping our car from moving we'd have been directly the path of the speeding car. That "invisible "force" had saved our lives." -- P. Patterson

* * * * *

Dr. Frank Oski's Angel Encounter
From "Parting Visions" by Dr. Melvin Morse

As a medical student Oski was enthusiastic about the potential of modern medicine, but frustrated by the fact that children die of congenital defects that are beyond anyone's control. One night he went to bed pondering the fate of a dying patient. Although he was doing his best, the child was not improving. He felt powerless to help and went to sleep wondering why this child had to die.

About an hour after falling asleep Oski was awakened by a bright light, one that shone in his room like a private sun. Oski could make out the form of a woman in the glow of the intense light. She had wings on her back and was approximately twenty years old.

In a quiet and reassuring voice the woman explained to the speechless Oski why it was that children had to die.

"The angel (I don't know what else to call her) said that life is an endless cycle of improvements and that humans are not perfect yet. She said that most people have this secret revealed to them when they die, but that handicapped children often know this and endure their problems without complaining because they know that their burdens will pass. Some of these children, she said, have even been given the challenge of teaching the rest of us how to love. It stretches our own humanity to love a child who is less than perfect," said the angel. And that is an important lesson for us.

Oski has been courageous enough to talk freely about his experience. He has even written about it for a major pediatric journal. In that article he wrote, "I will make no attempt to convince you as to the reality of my story. But I would merely ask that you keep an open mind on the mysteries of life which occur to you on a daily basis." - Dr. Melvin Morse

* * * * *

Angel Visitors

"It was 2001 in July and I didn't get up as usual to go to work. I could not wake up nor could my wife or the paramedics wake me up. After I began to turn blue and a trip to the hospital I was in ICU, during this time I was totally unconscious. The doctors informed my wife that I had five strokes, a heart attack and double pneumonia. I recovered and I am doing as well as can be expected.

"My angel experience was during the time while I was in ICU. I remember looking toward a light which I thought was a window with the sun shining thru it, and seeing two people sitting on a small sofa in front of the light. They were perfect in appearance and seemed to be communicating without talking - sort of with their thoughts - no words were spoken. They seemed flawless in every way.

"After a long recuperation time, I asked my wife who were these people in my room. She told me there was no window in my room nor did a couple come in to see me and sit because there was no place to sit in there unless we brought a chair in with us. She and I both believe that the two visitors were not of this earth, but sent from heaven. Thanks for letting us tell our story." -- Harry & Sue Lee

* * * * *

Her Grandmother Was Their Guardian Angel

"One evening my mom had a dream that my deceased grandmother kept telling her to get up and check the wood stoves (we had two stoves). My mom was really tired and didn't want to get up, but my grandmother, in the dream, was very persistent that she needed to get up and check the stoves. So, sarcastically she got up and said 'Okay I will check, but I am sure nothing's wrong'.

"So, she went down to check the stoves and said to herself 'See, they're fine,' and started to head upstairs. But then she said she smelled something that smelled like a cake baking and said to herself, 'Why would Pam be baking a cake at 3:00 in the morning?' So, she decided to check again, but this time she felt the walls and they were extremely hot. They were definitely on fire. Our house was built in the 1700s and would've gone up rather quickly. Because the fire was in the walls, the smoke probably would've killed us. If she hadn't had that dream, I really think the odds would be that I would not be telling this story today." -- Pam C.
* * * * *

Mary's Archangel Encounter

"This is a vision I had in a Catholic Church: One day I looked back at the empty pew behind me and saw the four, seven-foot Archangels kneeling. Their heads were bowed so low all their hair fell in their faces

"Michael had golden-blond, thick hair to his shoulders, and he wore a tunic with short sleeves, Roman-type armor and a red cape tied at the neck. Uriel was wearing a white cloak and tunic with long sleeves, embroidered with gold and a gold belt. He had long black hair.

"Gabriel's hair was longer, past his shoulders, and was white-blond with gold strands. His eyes were green with gold specks. He wore a pale green cloak and tunic with long sleeves and a gold belt about his waist.

"Raphael also had long, black, wavy hair. His tunic was navy blue with long sleeves and his cloak was white and gold.

"In each angel's hand was a Roman blade and the end that they held in their hands looked like a cross."

Mary Roberge has written a book entitled "Retaliation, Might, and Mercy: A Story of Angelic Protection", which is in the process of being published. She lives in Connecticut, has a daughter, and a cat. She has written for the local newspaper and internet sites. She loves to write stories about angels. Last year she wrote a plot for a short ballet with an angelic theme that was performed at the Church of Saint Gabriel in London, England.

Mary also contributed another beautiful story about an angel who came to help her when she was expecting her daughter, Aubree.

* * * * *

Aubree's Guardian Angel

"When I was four months pregnant the doctor called to tell me there was a 50% chance the child I was carrying had Down syndrome. The next day I had to rush to the specialist's office and had amniocentesis done. The specialist told me I had to wait a week for the results.

"The week I had to wait seemed like eternity. Every day was difficult. One night as I curled up on the couch, cried, and prayed, I was interrupted by a female angel that flew threw a wall and into the living room. She knelt down in front of the coffee table and told me to she would help me pray for my child. I recited a prayer. After the prayer, she stood up and quickly flew away.

"The angel's visit made the wait for the doctor's call less difficult. When the call finally did come, I found out my child did not have Down Syndrome. I never told anyone about the angel I met.

"One day when my daughter Aubree was three, she went to a tag sale with my parents. Aubree came home with a statue of an angel. My parents told me that she saw a statue of a guardian angel and got unusually excited and begged to buy it. That was when I knew the angel I had met earlier was my daughter's guardian angel."

(Note: I asked Aubree's mother, Mary, for a description of the angel, and she replied:) "The lady had an ivory dress on. Her hair was similar color, thick, waist length, and slightly wavy. She had a gold belt across her waist and gold material that went from her belt made an x across her chest and went around her neck. She had wings that were similar color to the dress." -- Mary R.

* * * * *

Saved by Her Guardian Angel!

"Over 60 years ago, I had an experience that was so intense that even today, it's fresh in my mind...It was 1945, and I was on vacation with my parents at the Grand Canyon when one evening, I wanted to hear a lecture a park ranger was giving. Mom and Dad weren't interested, so I went by myself.

"After it ended, I began walking the trail back to our hotel. But as I made my way, a strong wind blew up, hurling sand and pebbles at me. Protectively covering my face with my hands and arms, I began inching blindly along the trail. Suddenly, I heard a loud male voice command, 'Gloria! Stop!'

"I froze, and uncovered my face, thinking my dad had come out looking for me. It was then that I looked down and, stunned, realized I was standing two steps from the very edge of the Grand Canyon! I'd wandered way off the trail! There were no fences or railings at that time, and if I hadn't stopped, I'd have stepped right off the cliff and dropped to certain injury or death!

"Heart pounding wildly, I looked around to thank whoever had stopped me. But no one was there! Still shaking, I backed up and found the hotel trail. And later, as I shared the story with my parents, I wondered: Who had called my name? There hadn't been another soul around. It was then I realized that it had been my guardian angel..." -- G.Byers (from Woman's World, Oct. 2005, used by permission)

* * * * *

The Angel in the Parking Lot

It was Easter Sunday, 2004 and all of our immediate family had gathered at my sister's house for dinner and an egg hunt after church. When the kids started to dye the eggs we had no vinegar, so - it was off to the store (about 1 mile) for my sister Stacy and me.

Like it so often does in Oregon it had been pouring down buckets of rain but as we got into the car and readied ourselves for the trip home, the rain stopped and the sun shone so bright and hot that we actually had to open our windows a little. Stacy and I were facing each other and making small talk as we got prepared to leave.

All of a sudden there was a young man, maybe 20-25 at my window. He seemed to come out of nowhere. He was just there, and was asking if we could possibly spare some money because he was hungry and did not even have money to make a phone call or buy anything to eat. I can not remember if he said where/why he was in this predicament. I do seem to remember that he had a bicycle and he had on shorts and shirt like serious bike riders wear (think Lance Armstrong) but he did not have a helmet. So, Stacy and I gathered together about $5 for him-and poof we glance back and he was no where to be seen - and this is the really odd thing - at this shopping center we could see all the restaurants (none of which were open) and stores and he was gone - I mean vanished!! We both felt that this was an angel -maybe talking/testing us on some level.

This is another strange thing - when we returned home everyone asked "what took you so long?" But, to us it seemed that we were gone 15-20 minutes at the most. It was closer to 45 minutes. But when Stacy & I started telling them the story about how we just knew that we had seen an angel not one of them laughed or teased us about it - not once - not ever!! And I still say to everyone that I am sure that I talked to an angel among us on that Easter Sunday. They all just nod and say, "I know." I feel blessed!!

1-11-06 - Yes, you most certainly may use my angel story in both the newsletter and the website. I think that many of us do believe "that angels are among us." With so much news reaching us so quickly, it is sometimes easy to feel depressed and without hope. This feeling is only increased by the rapid pace of our everyday life. These wonderful stories give our hearts and souls wings with which to soar!

(I asked if he remembered any more details.) Yes, I do remember. He was about 5ft 9in. in height with a slight but strong, lithe, body. Think world-class swimmer or bicycle-racer. Do you know the type? His hair was light brown to dark blonde with many golden highlights. His skin was fair but with a healthy glow with no trace of facial hair or stubble. I do not remember for sure the color of his eyes but more the way they seemed to look into your soul, yet, conveyed only comfort and kindness. His voice, while masculine was soft. Oddly, I felt no fear of this man who came so suddenly to be talking to us through an open car window in an unlocked car door. -- John R.

* * * * *

Kyle's Angel Story submitted December 3, 2005
- More details added on Dec. 5,'05 -

Several years ago my two sons were in a hunting accident. At the time they were 10 and 12. The youngest was hit with a 357 bullet at 50 feet as the gun fell to the ground. We live 12 miles out of town and rushed him to the hospital where they operated and found that the bullet entered his body at the lower lobe of his left lung, then through his stomach, pulverizing his spleen, which sent the bullet back through his stomach, liver and exited out of his body between two ribs, just missing his spine. After surgery he was rushed to the nearest Childrens Mercy Hospital. There he was placed in intensive care and every evening about dark a male nurse sat by his side as his personal nurse. This went on for over a week. For some reason every night when the nurse came on duty I felt a peace and calmness that I could not explain since my son was at death's door with tubes coming out of him in six places and a respirator to help him breathe. The nurse and I talked every evening until I was no longer allowed to sit by his side. Then I would retire to the waiting room and sleep in a chair for four hours until I was allowed back in the intensive care room.

In two weeks my son was taken out of intensive care and placed in a private room and was able to breathe on his own. While walking through the lobby to meet my husband to show him where our son was, I saw the nurse and asked him if he would still be on duty that evening. He informed me that he was only called in for special assignments and his job was over. He also told me that my son would be fine soon and able to return home. I gave him a hug and asked him to stop by once in a while to visit. I never saw him again.

Three months later we were at the hospital for a check up since my son had been home two weeks. It was time to remove the last drain tube and while we were there my son and I wanted to look up the nurse that sat with him so we could send him a card. I went to the human resource office and gave them the nurse's name and they came back telling me they had never had anyone work there by that name. This I could not believe so we went to the intensive care and found one of the nurses we knew and I asked her. She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and smiled, telling me they did not have any nurses that just sat in the room with the children. She showed me the nurse's desk and explained that each nurse's desk took care of the three beds in front of their desk. The nurse's desk was only a couple feet from the end of the beds. The nurse explained she never saw a male nurse near my son the whole time he was there and she often heard me talking but just thought I was talking to my son, hoping that he could hear me in his coma state. She then smiled and told me that I was not the first person to see an angel in the intensive care unit.

I truly believe that God sent this angel to watch over my son and to quiet my fears. I have prayed to God several times to thank my son's special angel for being there and helping him heal. Now my son is twenty years old and starting a family of his own. With having only 3/4 of one lung left and no spleen he is one of the healthiest people I have ever known. Doctors are amazed at how healthy he is living without a spleen. He has not encountered one thing a person normally does when living without a spleen. We attribute this to the presence of God and his special angel. -- S. Bogart

Dec. 5,'05 - Here is the description you asked for: He was a man around 5'6" light brown hair, brown eyes that were so peaceful. He weighed about 150-160 and his smile warmed your heart. He voice was soft and tender not too high not too low of a pitch either. His face was rounded and his skin on his face was perfect with no blemishes. His hands were soft no calluses and his nails were well kept. This is all I can really remember but these are the things about him I will never forget. There was a warmth in the room where he was at that I can not explain. I thought at the time they just kept the air conditioner turned down in the ICU but when we went back to ask about the nurse that sat with Kyle it was right down cold in the ICU, not at all like I remembered it. -- S.Bogart

* * * * *

Angel Story from Sage - As a young child I went to a church that taught about hell, fire and brimstone, rather than a loving God. They also taught about how to pray - that in order for God to hear prayers, one's hands must be clasped, with head down and eyes closed. But, if you really had an urgent need to be heard, to get down on your knees. I had done as they taught with no results. When I was sixteen years old, and after saying my prayers, I was trying to go to sleep and found myself looking up at the universe from my bed. It seemed so vast, cold and empty regardless of all the stars. I started thinking about the times I had prayed, and how they had never been answered. I sat up and started talking to God and said many things, pouring my heart out to Him while feeling lonely, angry and sad. Here are some of the things I said: "God, why do you never answer my prayers? Why am I able to walk, dance and run while my friend is forever confined to a wheelchair? And, why don't you stop wars? I don't understand. If I had your powers, with one swoop I would stop all wars and make everyone who is sick to be well and whole. Is it true that maybe you don't exist? I see people carrying signs saying you don't. Oh, God, if you don't exists, I would have rather not been born for what would be the point to live and then die for nothing? I was crying hot, scorching tears that burnt my face. "God, forgive me for asking if you exist, but if you don't, then it wouldn't matter would it? But, if you do, then I beg your forgiveness. But, if you do exists and love us so much, how could you allow the Holocaust to happen? How can you allow people to be so cruel? How can you allow people be hungry? Because we are your children aren't we? And God, I have prayed to you so many times for my Dad to stop drinking for many years, yet he still does. Why don't you answer my prayers?"
I continued to talk to God in this manner for a long time until I became spent. I had had my say and had become very still. I just sat there quietly while still feeling lost and alone. A heavy weight of sadness burdened my heart deeply. Suddenly I felt a presence. I looked at my bedroom doorway thinking I may have awakened my Mom but no one was there. Then, I felt compelled to look up. The higher my eyes rose, the stronger the feeling became. Much to my absolute shock, there was a light above me. And it started dancing along my ceiling. I was in awe as I watched it dance. To describe how the Angel looked is difficult because I had never before, or since, seen anything like this Angel of Light. She was circular yet without any type boundaries and was about the size of a soccer ball. Floating within that circle with no edges, while emanating a bright, white light, was what reminded me of Fourth of July sparklers or millions and millions of white, sparkling diamonds. I sensed eternity within her and while she danced, she cast no shadows within the room. And suddenly I knew some things, things that the Angel told me. That God did exist and He had heard my prayers. That He loved me, wanted me to be happy and for me to rejoice in His love. After several seconds I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, the Angel was gone. I was filled with so much love and joy it filled my entire being, and overflowed. I rushed to my Mom's bedroom and woke her up to tell her all that had happened. I would have expected to see an angel, if ever, to have wings since that was all I had seen in pictures and taught. Yet, I feel that is exactly why the Angel chose to appear to me as a light being of energy. Because otherwise I may have thought I was hallucinating. At first I thought it was God since I had been praying to Him. When I woke my Mom, the first thing I said to her was, "Mom! Wake up! God was just now in my bedroom!!!" After my excitement waned some, I realized how I had picked up a feminine presence. Not that I really think the angel was a female. Just only that this was what the Angel felt I needed to feel at that time. Since then, whenever I feel sad or have doubts, I remember the Angel of Light and know that God does hear our prayers.

* * * * *

When I got off from work one day years ago in Los Angeles, I was hurrying to my car that was parked quite a distance from my office building. To get to the parking lot, I had to go down an alley between two buildings. I was running, so eager to get home that I wasn't thinking about any danger. As I neared the end of the alley and was about to run out from between the buildings, a loud voice in my head said, "STOP!" and I came to a halt so suddenly that I actually rocked back and forth on my feet. At that instant, a car whizzed by the alley. If I had not obeyed the voice and stopped immediately, I would have run right into the path of the vehicle, which was going so fast that it wouldn't have been able to avoid hitting me. Was it my guardian angel? I can only remember saying a devout, "Thank you!" L.W.

(The following stories are used by permission -
courtesy of Melinda at the Angel Zone

It was a special evening. Roger was on his way home for a long-overdue night out with his wife. While he was driving his company truck on the freeway, he noticed traffic coming to a stop ahead. He began putting on his breaks when he noticed a Toyota 4-Runner coming behind him very fast. Too fast to be able to stop. In an instant, he was struck from behind at such force that his truck overturned and slid into the middle of oncoming traffic. As his truck toppled, his tool box, which was in the seat next to him, exploded open and all of the tools came flying out, smashing into Roger's body. The blinding lights of the oncoming traffic were headed straight for his overturned truck. He closed his eyes and listened as they all screeched to a stop and missed him by inches.

The next thing Roger knew, there was a man standing at the truck telling him to hold on, he was going to get him out. He reached in and helped Roger out of the truck. Once out, the stranger ran his hands over Roger's body, asking him if he was ok and was anything broken. To Roger's amazement, he seemed fine. No broken bones. Once the man observed that Roger would be ok, he said "You are going to be ok. I have to go now, but help is on his way." The man then walked away and disappeared.

Traffic was at a complete stop due to this accident. The freeway was completely shut down, and no one could go anywhere, yet this man was nowhere in site. He did not get into any car, he simply walked away and could not be found.

People began to crowd around Roger, and the ambulance eventually arrived to take him to the hospital, where he was later released with just a few scratches.

...After gathering at a friend's house for a party a few months later, the woman who owned the house was talking about her son who had died in a car accident. When she shared pictures of her son, Roger exclaimed "That's him!" The young man in the picture was the young man who pulled Roger out of the truck that fateful night. Interestingly, when the young man was killed in the accident, he was crushed to death. This explains why he ran his hands over Roger's body to see if everything was OK once Roger was out of the car.

The woman gave a few pictures of her son to Roger so that he could have something to refer to whenever he needed to be reminded of the Angels in his life.

* * *

Michelle was a teacher and driving to school one fall morning. There was a white van ahead of her. Farther down she could see several ten or eleven year old boys ready to cross the street to go wait at a bus stop.

Suddenly, a car zoomed past Michelle on the right. Horrified, she realized that the boys were in the middle of the street up ahead. All but one had already passed the center line; the last boy was slower. He obviously thought he had enough time to cross in front of the van and Michelle. But his view of the speeding car to her right was blocked - and Michelle realized that it would hit him.

Michelle felt so helpless as she was too far away to do anything. She began to pray and speak to her Angels. What she saw next was hard to describe.

It was if an arm literally pushed the boy from behind. His back arched, his head was thrown back, and his feet seemed propelled forward by someone behind him. In a second or two, the boy was safely on the sidewalk. He was looking back to see who had pushed him as Michelle drove by. He had a shocked expression on his face as he realized that there was no one behind him. No one he could see, that is.

* * *

It had been reckless of me, taking a pre-dawn stroll through the alleys behind the Los Angeles bus terminal, but I was a young woman arriving in the great city for the first time. My job interview was five hours away, and I couldn't wait to explore. Now I'd lost my way in a Skid Row neighborhood. Hearing a car pass, I turned and in the flash of light, saw three men lurking behind me, trying to keep out of sight in the shadows. Then when I turned around, a fourth man was striding towards me in the dark - I was surrounded. I was so scared, it took me a few seconds to realize that even in the blackness, I could see this man. He was dressed in an immaculate work shirt and denim pants, and carried a lunchbox. He was about 30, well over six feet. His face was stern but beautiful. I ran up to him. "I'm lost and some men are following me, I said in desperation. "I took a walk from the bus deport - I'm so scared." "Come," he said. "I'll take you to safety." He was strong and made me feel safe. "I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't come along." "I do." His voice was resonant, deep. "I prayed for help just before you came." A smile touched his mouth and eyes. We were nearing the depot. "You are safe now." "Thank you - so much," I said fervently. He nodded. "Good-bye, Euphie." Going into the lobby, it hit me. Euphie! Had he really used my first name? I whirled, burst out onto the sidewalk, but he had vanished." Euphie E.

Won't you share your Angel story or unexplained event here?

Home     Angel Comfort      About the Angel Art

All art shown on this website is
copyright 1980-2005 and site design copyright 2005
by the artist, Lotus Wilkerson. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter